The EMS Student Research Bursaries in Mathematics and Statistics welcomes applications, with closing date on 10 March. The EMS offers funding at £300/week for up to six weeks.
- Students may only take up the award during the summer vacation between the intermediate years (usually between years 3 and 4) of their undergraduate degree.
- Researchers in Mathematics or Statistics at universities and research institutions within Scotland are eligible to apply. Interdisciplinary projects will be considered providing the project has significant mathematical or statistical content.
- Only one application should be submitted per university, or two if the university is cofunding both applications at £150/week for 6 weeks.
- Students will normally be expected to be on track for a first class degree in order to be considered.
- Students must be registered at a Scottish institution for the majority of their undergraduate degree.
- Bursaries will not be awarded for projects that are a part of degree work, or that take place overseas for more than 50% of the project time.
- Bursaries will only be granted for the student named on the application form; awards are not transferable between students.
How to apply
- Applicants should complete an application form and submit this to the EMS secretary and the EMS Research Support Fund Convener by March 10th.
- Applications must be made by the project supervisor on behalf of the student, and not by the student.
- Applications should be discussed with the nominated student, who should also contribute to the project design.
- Applications must be completed in full, including a signature from the Head of Department/School to confirm her/his approval for the award to be administered by the department and to confirm any match-funding contributions by the department (awards are not offered directly to individual researchers but to the institutions to which they belong).